18.9.11

Suspension and Fall

I wonder now about the potential energy, or its seemingly so, of the suspension of the sun and moon. The sun and moon precariously in suspense. They are held in place but their situation is one of a constant potential to fall. The stars are light-footed, they can come and go, they can disappear from the sky as a raindrop hits the surface of a pond. A moon that melts from the sun, the moon as vapour. The moon now is light and warm, the stars are sprung, the sun can be held and thrown and can fall. The emptiness of pitch has a materiality in scent, (even then the substance of no thing weighed on my mind, weighed like the moon) and the space of the darkness is the space for the moon and the stars and the sun, the darkness then was a spatial awareness. If one removes all objects one is left with darkness, a darkness that has quality. I would like to watch the stars come out one by one. Darkness becomes composed, the stars are autonomous. When there is no sun and no moon and no stars there is a potential for everything. The universe is smaller than the mind and smaller than the sound of the planets orbiting the sun. I would like to hear the stars as they disappear.  The physicality of the sound of the stars. I would like to touch the sun. Within my potential I can lift the sun, I can remove the object of the sun. I can comprehend without moon and stars. I cannot see without the sun, that scent of the darkness. The moon is reflected in the stars, the stars the sun, the sun the moon.